Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Mini Quiches

I found this recipe while watching TV.  It was a short clip on this simple recipe and I've kind of tweaked it a couple of times, to how I like it and how it works for me.  So you can play around with this recipe quite a bit with new variations.  I added an avocado with mine, because I Love them, and because being on this diet I don't gain much weight, so I was told to eat the "Good Fats" aka: Nuts, Avocados, and Butter (just to name a few), to start gaining weight.  

INGREDIENTS:

  • A Muffin pan 
  • 4 Multigrain and high in fiber bread 
  • About 2 Large eggs 
  • Milk (if your diet allows you to add a little bit)
  • Diced Spinach (a little goes a Long way, I always end up with extra.  I take a little bit at a time and chop it up and add more if I need to)
  • Colby Cheese 
  • S/P
  • Avocado (Optional)
Spray your muffin tin with Pam or the cooking spray of your choice, and Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  

Cut a circle out of your bread, big enough to fit in the bottom of your muffin pan.  I use a cup or whatever I can find that fits the size close enough.  (If your circle is a little big that's ok, you just kind of stuff it in there).  Lay your bread in the muffin tins as your base.  If it pops up that's okay too, it will go down once you pour the mixture on top of it.  

In a bowl, mix together eggs, diced spinach, milk, s/p, and cheese.  Pour mixture over the bread until it's about 1/4 from the top.  The bread will tend to soak up some of the mixture so you can go back and add a little more if you'd like.  Sometimes I'll top it off with some cheese on top. 

Place in the oven and bake until golden brown.  About 10-15 min.  

Let it cool and then eat and enjoy with an avocado!!  This has become one of my favorites and a staple in my house!!  

2 eggs makes about 4 mini quiches.  

Note:  I am able to add a little bit of milk to mine, because I'm not using the whole piece of bread for each mini quiche.  Even still be sure to test your levels and see what works for you.  One quiche might be the only amount you can eat, but they are filling, and my kids like them too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment