Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Chipotle Steak Salad

One of my favorite things to eat!!  I'm craving one right now, just thinking about it!  
Chipotle's Steak Salad!!  Yummm!! 

If you go to:  http://www.chipotle.com/en-US/menu/nutrition_calculator/nutrition_calculator.aspx  you can input what you want to get and see how many carbs it is as well as everything else.

When I'm craving Chipotle I usually get their Steak salad with brown rice, black beans, sour cream, cheese, and the vinaigrette.  If you plugged all that in, you can see my carbs are Really high!  Too high in fact, but I know that if I eat only about half of this, then I will be cutting my carbs almost in half, and that's do-able for me.  (I usually can only eat about 1/2 or 3/4 of this anyway).  Or I will do without the brown rice or substitute the dressing, or both.  You've got to pick and choose, and think about what you can do without and what will make your levels go up. It's all about the portions! I know that when I want something like Chipotle, I've got to have some self control in how much I eat.

I just wanted to show you that you can have what you want or are craving.  You just either have to have it in moderation, or portion it out.  More protein and vegetables than carbs.

Hope this helps!  Enjoy your Yummy Chipotle Salad!  :0) 

1 comment:

  1. Balance diet is the essential part of diabetic treatment to stay fit while the patient is suffering from the diabetes and taking the food that has lots of fiber may prevent from further damage.So if the patient is suffering from the GD than it is must.


    Gestational diabetes

    ReplyDelete