Monday, March 26, 2012

Low Carb Chicken Enchiladas

Okay, so I saw this recipe on Pinterest and had it last night!! Sooo Good!!  And it IS Low Carbs!!  I found the blog that it came from so I am going to share the link, since this is NOT My recipe:
Dashing Dish
So if you want the Full details of how this recipe came to be and ALL the facts, it's all on that link above.  I will give you the Beautiful picture it came with and a little description and facts.

Doesn't this look just Amazing and Sooo Good!!!   Well, it is!!!  And they take a Lot better of pictures than I do.  Lol

INGREDIENTS:


  • 2 1/2 cups Chicken breast (cooked & shredded)
  • 1/2 cup Canned diced tomatoes 
  • 3/4 cup Enchilada sauce
  • 1/2 cup Salsa
  • 1 tsp Enchilada seasoning (or taco seasoning)
  • 1/2 cup Low fat cottage cheese, blended smooth OR 4 oz (1/3 less fat) cream cheese softened (I used the cream cheese)
  • 1 cup Corn
  • 1 cup Black beans
  • 4 High fiber tortillas (cut into quarters)  (I actually used regular tortillas and my Glucose levels were still fine) 
  • 1/2 cup Shredded mozzarella or reduced fat cheddar cheese
  • 1 1/2 cup Chicken broth

Preheat oven to 375.  Spray a 9x9 inch baking dish w/Pam or whatever you choose.


  1. In a medium bowl, mix chicken w/the 1st 6 ingredients. In separate small bowl, mix corn & black beans.
  2. Pour the chicken broth in a shallow bowl.  Dip the tortillas in the broth, just long enough to get them moist (like you would with French Toast)
  3. Layer 4 tortillas on the bottom of your dish.  Then add the chicken mix, and then the corn and bean mix.  Repeat these layers (Tortillas, chicken mix, corn & bean mix) ending w/the tortilla layer. 
  4. Top w/shredded cheese
  5. Bake for 25-30 min or until cheese is melted. 

Carbs: 20g, Fiber: 5g, and Protein: 31g

So try this out!!  I Know you won't regret it!  The ingredients seem like a lot, but it's not.  It's Really easy to make!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment