Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Breakfast Burrito

I'll make these in the morning sometimes or my husband will cuz for some reason they seem to taste better when he makes them.  :0)

For me, I'm still playing around with the ingredients. Sometimes my glucose levels are fine and sometimes they spike a little.  Once, I figure out what makes the difference I'll be sure to post it.  I'm thinking if I use 2 eggs my numbers seem to be better.  I'll let you know.


INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 Flour tortilla (Wheat is better and probably won't make your levels spike, but I can't stand the wheat, I've tried many times.  So if you do, let me know if it makes a difference for you or not.  I'm curious)
  • Monterey Jack Cheese (Or cheese of your preference)
  • 1 Egg (2 Eggs, if your dietician lets you) 
  • 1 slice of Lunch meat (I usually use Turkey, you can use whichever you'd like.) 
  • Salsa
  • S/P (Sometimes) 

First, I spray pam in my pan. Then, scramble my eggs and sprinkle some cheese and mix it up.  I also cut up my meat and distribute that as well and mix it in pretty good.  I'll add Salt and Pepper if I want.  Once the egg mixture is to my liking then I place it in the middle of my tortilla, add my salsa and a sprinkle a little more cheese on top of the salsa, then roll it up like a burrito.  Fold in the top and bottom then roll the sides, so nothing can fall out.  (I hope that makes sense.)  Place it back on the stove in the pan and let the heat kind of seal up the fold, so it keeps everything from falling out when you go to eat your burrito.  So when it's getting a little brown on the tortilla, then it's done.  Put in on a plate and enjoy!!  

The only real Carb in this, is the tortilla and depending on how much salsa you put in your burrito as well.  The rest is pretty much Protein (Cheese, Egg, and Meat). So that's why it shouldn't spike your glucose levels too much.  But like I've said before, everybody tests differently, and even each pregnancy is different.

This is one of my favorites!!  I'll try and get some pictures the next time my husband or I make it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment