Saturday, March 17, 2012

Quesadilla

There are many different variations you can have with a quesadilla.  When I'm in a hurry and realize that I haven't eaten in awhile and I'm starving, I make it simple.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 Reg size Flour Tortilla (Wheat is preferred, but I can't stand them, and my sugar levels are fine when I use a flour tortilla)
  • Shredded Monterey-Jack Cheese (Or cheese of your choice).  *I just eyeball the amount of cheese to put on, but I usually cover about 1/2 of my tortilla*


Put cheese in tortilla, fold in half and either put it in the microwave (which is what I do most of the time), or heat it on the stove in a pan.  Viola!  Easy and simple.  You have your Protein (cheese) and carbs (tortilla).  If you want to add ingredients make sure you're not putting in more carbs.  Try to add vegetables or the Good fats like Avocados, or even a little bit of chicken is always nice and good.

No comments:

Post a Comment